4 Hilarious Tweets That Happened During The Apple Launch Event
THE DAY HAS COME
Well, the day came that a lot of us had been waiting for. The Apple launch event took place yesterday in San Fransisco and as always, dominated social media. There were many confirmed and some surprising outcomes from the event and we thought it was necessary to document the most amusing things to come out of social media whilst the event took place and the backlash it got.
THE ABOLISHMENT OF THE HEADPHONE JACK
Admittedly one of the major shocks of the night, and for many, truly heart breaking news:
— DJ Chacha (@mor1019chacha) September 7, 2016
And of course the inevitable mocking of the new earphones.
— Victor Baro (@victorbaro) September 7, 2016
About these new Airpods, am I the only one who thinks I will probably lose one, if not them both in a short period of time? I mean $159 dollars you have to pay for them and I am almost certain they won’t last as long as I need them to.
— Ant Simpson (@antsimpson) September 7, 2016
And of course, there were people who came up with innovative solutions to the problem…
— tier zinxx – lead (@zinxified) September 7, 2016
One thing I don’t understand is, why is everyone going so crazy about this? You still get the same earphones, or earpods, in the box with an adapter, so you’re not forced to use the ‘airpods’ if you don’t want to.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST YOU?
All jokes aside, the Apple iPhone launch is one of the most exciting dates in the tech calendar and popularity will be through the roof despite the recent social media bashing. But how much will an iPhone 7 set you back?
- 32GB – $649 (£599, AU$1,079)
- 128GB – $749 (£699, AU$1,229)
- 256GB – $849 (£799, AU$1,379)
Here’s something everyone will agree on, it is a pricey accessory. However, people want to look good and they want things that make them look good, an iPhone 7 is definitely one of these things. Do you agree? Let me know what you think in the comments.
- Preorders start this Friday 16th September
- Will ship in 30 countries including, US, UK & Australia
- iPhone 7 kills off the headphone jack which Apple admits is a ‘courageous’ move
- iPhone 7 Plus will have a dual lens camera which boosts image quality & allows optical zoom
- There will be no 16GB version of the new model – just 32GB, 128GB & 256GB
- Apple Watch 2 is now swimproof and has built in GPS which allows activity tracking
- Apple Watch 2 costs, $369 (£369)
So, will you be camping out at your local Apple Store for the newest iPhone?