Dragonfly Futurefön – The future of mobile technology?
The mobile device market has grown tremendously over the years, and created numerous reasons for consumers to own at least one smartphone, tablet, and laptop. But one problem that none of the renowned brands in this industry have sought to address is the impracticality of lugging these different devices around. The Dragonfly Futurefön might be the answer
Dragonfly Futurefön – All-in-one device
The Dragonfly Futurefön by Idealfuture is a mind-blowing system that offers all the features of your smartphone, tablet, and laptop, all held within a one-size-fits-all device. While some may perceive it as ridiculous and perhaps over-the-top, they still cannot completely ignore the genius behind it.
To clear up some of the uncertainty, it may be best to just list the features and let you decide for yourself:
- It has two 7-inch screens, one of which serves as the main screen, while the other one is a “slingshot”. The slingshot is basically a detachable android phablet running on Lollipop 5.0 that serves as a phone or tablet.
- The device has an Android and Windroid version. Both versions feature an Android slingshot, so the device with an Android main screen allows you to open both screens at once, while the device with Windows 8.1 on the main screen requires you to open each screen independently.
- Attached below each screen is a keyboard and retractable touchpad that is concealed underneath.
- The device is smart, and allows you to run applications on the main screen, like downloading a file, while you detach the slingshot screen without interfering with the primary application.
- It comes with replaceable Cliq Covers so you can change the look and feel of your device whenever you want. The device also has a Smart Cliq with LED notification lights surrounding the whole cover, plus a 1.5-inch screen positioned at the centre for notifications.
In addition, the laptop of the Dragonfly Futurefön has an impressive i7 2.0GHz processor, 4 GB RAM, and 256 GB internal storage space, and cumulative 8-hours of battery life and four cameras. The phablet has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chip that is powered by a 2.5 GHs quadcore CPU, has 3GB of RAM, and has an integrated smart pen.
The aluminium design of the Dragonfly Futurefon is completely flexible, collapsible, and foldable to measure only 4.25 inches thick. It is completely detachable so you don’t have to carry the main screen everywhere, and you can have it for only $500 if you back the project on Indiegogo, or $799 if you wait for its release (no published date yet).